Monday, February 8, 2010

Updates

A lot has happened at the Peterson house in the last week. I am now and forever working at home as a portrait and wedding photographer which means two things:

1. I get to be my own boss, work in my PJ's and go wherever I want for lunch
2. The laundry, construction zone, dirty dog and lengthening grocery list stares at me all day

This working from home stuff is harder than I thought! In fact, as we speak I am off task. Blogging was not on my list of "to-do's" today and somehow, I've found time "to-do" it.

The point of this post was to give you all a little update on our adoption journey. A few days ago, a good friend of mine gave me the number of a friend who studies law at St. Mary's University. Not only does she study law... She is specializing in International Adoption! Though not graduated yet, she has shown so much excitement in meeting with us to teach us all about adoption and our options that I can't help but be so excited to meet her! We've spoken back and forth through email about what she might be able to do for us and the more we talk, the more I think she's a gift from God to help us through this whole thing. She plans to take the Bar exam next summer which is about the time we will begin our paperwork. It would be great if she were the one to handle our adoption! We are going to try and meet with her this weekend so I will keep ya'll updated on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment