Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Let's Go Boerne!

So here is some pretty exciting news... We have 18 pieces to add to our puzzle. (Thanks Rachel and Jordan for your donation this morning!) It should be easy adding them in since I have nearly half of the puzzle together and sitting aside just waiting to join the rest! (Impatience kind of got the best of me these last few days.) I'll post pictures of the new additions soon.

Here is even more exciting news: Together with the Fickey family, we are getting geared up for an event that is going to shake Boerne. Our hope is that it helps in a big way to bring our babies home sooner and that it leads more families to adoption than ever thought possible. If you haven't already heard about it on Katie's blog, here is a little information to get your started.


Now for all of you non-runners out there... Let me tell you a little bit about myself. My husband is an Ironman. When he was training he ran 30 miles, swam 5 miles and cycled 120 miles per week. My idea of a workout was 2 loads of laundry and a dirty skillet. I mean, who wants to come back from a jog and proudly tell their Iron-husband that they ran a whole mile! (Which I would have been so proud of by the way.) But I've started... With Iron-husband's help, I am wogging 3.5 miles, 3 times a week and I'm so proud :-) Josh is too... Although he may be snickering at me behind closed doors, he seems pretty sincere. We're even talking about doing a 5K in the spring which is just crazy talk for me... I'm not the 'organized fitness' kind of gal. But I've realized that it's not about where you get yourself moving or how many people are in it with you, it's just about getting out there and doing it! So throw caution to the wind and come join us on May 14Th! There is still plenty of time to prepare if you are bound and determined to run the whole thing. I promise, if I can do it so can you. Click here and you can see the plan I'm on right now. And if you need even more motivation to come join us, here's the word that keeps me running through a cramp..."bikini."

So please, spread the word about One Less and come join us in the fun this May. We really need your help. God has shown Himself in some amazing ways regarding this event. We've received some extremely generous donations to help us get it going. We just know He is in charge of this race and we're eager to see what He does with it. We have a feeling it's going to lead to more than just 2 babies making their way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment